At ICM Services, our focus is providing support coordination for NDIS participants.
We also provide case management for clients outside the NDIS, as well as short-term locum support for other service providers. If you fall into this category please contact us to discuss your needs and what we can do for you.
What is support coordination?
The NDIA defines Support Coordination as primarily being
“Assistance to strengthen participants ability to coordinate and implement supports and participate more fully in the community. It can include initial assistance with linking participants to choose the right providers to meet their needs, assistance to source providers, parenting training and developing participant resilience in their own network and community, and coordinating a range of supports including; Informal, Mainstream Community and Funded supports”
What does this mean for you?
As every person is unique in their needs, preferences, skills and potential, your support plan is individually created in collaboration with you. Our commitment to person-centred practice means you will remain in control.
Some of the tasks we can assist you with include:
- Understanding your plan
- Implementing and monitoring your plan:
- Work with you to identify what supports need to be implemented as a priority
- Help you to connect and navigate the NDIS Participant Portal MyPlace
- Assist you to identify options for community, mainstream and NDIS funded supports
- Assist with engaging service providers, such as identifying and meeting with prospective providers, choosing a provider and establishing service agreements
- Help to arrange any assessments required to determine the nature and type of funding required (eg assessment to determine the type of complex home modifications required)
- Help you decide the breakdown of your funds and liaise with your plan manager (if relevant)
- If you are self-managing any element of your plan: how to make service bookings, monitor funding, submit payment requests and provide feedback.
- We can also assist you to prepare for your plan review by helping you:
- assess your progress towards achieving your goals
- find solutions to problems experienced in implementing the plan
- consider new goals.
What makes ICM Services different from larger providers?
- We only provide support coordination. We don’t need to worry about managing conflicts of interest because we don’t have them. Our only interest is helping you to access the best support for you to achieve your goals, regardless of who provides it. ** Note if your plan is managed by the NDIS you will only be able to choose service providers registered with the NDIS for your funded supports.
- You’ll always have the same contact person. ICM Services is the trading name of sole provider Raelene Herbert and there are no plans to expand the business. You won’t have to worry about constant changes to your contact person. If you do want to change to another support coordinator, we can help you find another provider and will work cooperatively with them to facilitate a smooth handover.
- We are committed to maximising your independence. ICM Services believes in principles before profit. The best thing you could say to us is “I don’t need you any more!”
Interested in ICM Services for your support coordination?
As a prospective client of ICM Services you will receive one free 30-minute in home consultation to discuss your situation and the services that ICM can provide you. This may be before or after your planning meeting or after you have received your plan. You will be under no obligation to choose ICM Services as your Support Coordinator. For more information, please contact us.